JOB DESCRIPTION: The Parent Educator is to serve as a home-school liaison, to provide direct service to parents and their children, to complete reports and records related thereto and perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with district policies and procedures. The Parent Educator will possess good people skills, flexibility, the ability to work under pressure and stay on task, responsible, reliable, a self-starter, and have the ability to adjust to change.
· QUALIFICATIONS: Individuals must qualify for training as a parent educator by meeting one of the following three criteria:
1. A two-year associate degree or two-year certificate program in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Nursing and demonstrated ability in working with young children and their parents; or
2. Sixty semester hours or more of credit from an academic degree granting institution which is contained within the United States Department of Education’s Directory of Post-Secondary Institutions and two years of successful experience in a program working with young children and their parents as approved by the Department; or
3. Five years of successful experience in a program working with young children and their parents as approved by the Department and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The Parent Educator must also demonstrate successful completion of a minimum of 30 hours of Department-approved training in parent education. Valid Parents as Teachers National Training Certification.
· Application Closing Date: June 24, 2016
· Employment Start Date: August 8, 2016
Contact Elementary Principal
Aaron Miller at 417-962-3153 Extension 101 with questions.
Classified Application is located at
Cabool R-IV School District is an EOE